Skip to main content

What a life!

Hey you!
An amusing thing happened on the way back from the pub......
I am typing here with a sore thumb, so i cannot knit, sew and it is driving me crackers!!
Where did this begin...well....My hope of the perfect shop for my business fell into an abyss as the landlord for some reason became elusive after I signed the lease. The letting agency could not understand it either. So there i was sitting on a couple of thousand pounds worth of supplies and no-where to go. My head was kettled.
After three months hard work making my own stuff to sell as well as ordering beautiful yarns and equipment. Sourcing fabrics and so on I was mentally exausted when this happened. A short holiday would clear my head ready for the next push to selling my wares before Christmas, I thought. Do me good, I thought.
So up to the lower Lake District in England, the bloke at home, the mad English mastiff, the motor home and me off on a jolly. Little did we know it would rain all week......No not just your normal Lake District rain but torrential. It scared the pants of the m.m and t.b.a.h. So much so that by the end of the week neither would get out of the van!!!!
The last night we were there we thought the local pub would be good!! Up and down round countless bends we arrived at local pub turned into the now POSH restaurant. The bloke at home was so disappointed....up until he realised they sold La Trappe bear.
Aha the night has a better look, right onward to the village near where we were staying.
Many drinks later and time being served so onward home to the van....up, down, round and sharp up walk round the country lanes, pitched black without a torch. Yes the inevitable happens....the cell phone light was not enough to stop me from falling over and dislocating my thumb!!
The laughing gas was good and so were the doctors and nurses that put the thumb right!
A week later and my decision is nearly made a web shop or Etsy or both of course.
We have to get our thumb free first!! And an appointment with my business help and advisor/mentor.
So watch this space for the next installment!!
Jacqui

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Adore Lamor Fabric Dyeing!

      I love fabric dyeing! I was looking at the fabric I have for sale on my ebay shop and the fabric that flew off the shelf and knew I had to replace....woohoo!! Which colours was the question, as I'm walking my dog through the wildflower meadow in my local park!  Ah yes meadow colours! Buff no brainer!   So here we go kitchen and diner transformation...ta da....chemistry lab! No really everything has to get covered by a cover, as the dyes get everywhere!     My complicated and expensive tools (!) Although the metal measuring spoons and the thermometer are essential and a brilliant buy as they make ME more accurate in my measurements!    I use 100% cotton calico PDF ready to dye fabric.  The fabric is steeping in warm water to open the fibres to take the dye.   Keeping an eye on the temperature of the water, it should be around 110 degrees to add to the powder dye.    Yes they are soup pots! Here they dye is measured and mixed.  I

Phew!

I am so happy!!! My little girl is now a Mrs!  She makes me very proud of the way she has conducted her life so far.  An honest, hardworking, empathetic smasher of a daughter! She lives in Australia now with her new husband and they had decided to get married here in Liverpool, UK!  So not only have we all had to cope with the 'stress' (if that's the right description?) of arranging a wedding but poor daughter and husband had to do it long distance! Any hoo after 8 months the wedding went off beautifully!  I had to walk her down the aisle as her own dad died 17yrs ago...I cannot remember being that shaky nervous EVER!   They look lovely together!     Arrhh well back to 'normal' life and plans to get myself over to the land of Oz for a hol!       I had a good week selling my wares last week...(well won't pay the bills yet !!)...most important sales were the fabric I make and the dyed fabric I sell.   Funny I miss looking at my sea

Wildflower UnderFoot previously Lime n Choc Embroidery Fabric!

  What came first then? I love walking about the wild areas near where I live.  They are not big spaces, they're spaces people have forgotten and not used! As I walk I ponder on life's stuff and look about me.  I know this sounds deep but I do like the freedom of it!       I had already started this fabric...sewing lime green shiny fabric onto a muslin base adding hand dyed lace in places on top.  The fabric was sewn down in gathers and pleats in waves.     Don't know why but I decided chocolate coloured lining fabric is what was needed between, beneath the pleats.  Then green lining fabric was added to balance the lime green...        Lots of machine stitching to bed the chocolate sections in. It was at this point I decided to cut the piece into 3....for better or worse!  As this is now a piece that is in the making for months...how many I've forgotten....      Lots more machine sewing adding texture and a littl