Skip to main content

What a life!

Hey you!
An amusing thing happened on the way back from the pub......
I am typing here with a sore thumb, so i cannot knit, sew and it is driving me crackers!!
Where did this begin...well....My hope of the perfect shop for my business fell into an abyss as the landlord for some reason became elusive after I signed the lease. The letting agency could not understand it either. So there i was sitting on a couple of thousand pounds worth of supplies and no-where to go. My head was kettled.
After three months hard work making my own stuff to sell as well as ordering beautiful yarns and equipment. Sourcing fabrics and so on I was mentally exausted when this happened. A short holiday would clear my head ready for the next push to selling my wares before Christmas, I thought. Do me good, I thought.
So up to the lower Lake District in England, the bloke at home, the mad English mastiff, the motor home and me off on a jolly. Little did we know it would rain all week......No not just your normal Lake District rain but torrential. It scared the pants of the m.m and t.b.a.h. So much so that by the end of the week neither would get out of the van!!!!
The last night we were there we thought the local pub would be good!! Up and down round countless bends we arrived at local pub turned into the now POSH restaurant. The bloke at home was so disappointed....up until he realised they sold La Trappe bear.
Aha the night has a better look, right onward to the village near where we were staying.
Many drinks later and time being served so onward home to the van....up, down, round and sharp up walk round the country lanes, pitched black without a torch. Yes the inevitable happens....the cell phone light was not enough to stop me from falling over and dislocating my thumb!!
The laughing gas was good and so were the doctors and nurses that put the thumb right!
A week later and my decision is nearly made a web shop or Etsy or both of course.
We have to get our thumb free first!! And an appointment with my business help and advisor/mentor.
So watch this space for the next installment!!
Jacqui

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

Is ma hair alright?!

More City & Guilds Module snippets!

The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles  really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone. You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent. For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with. I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging! Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads! I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India... Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book! This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have...