Skip to main content

More City & Guilds Module snippets!




The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone.
You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent.

For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with.



I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging!




Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads!
I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India...


Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book!




This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have to do things to the detail!



Nice with the battery powered candle inside.


Now this piece...what can i say i had an idea and I'm still not convinced is the best solution.
I can tell you the bits i love, like the central Coffee Pot Hand Embroidery motif.  I love the deconstructed patchwork ground fabric hand dyed with walnut and Brusho ink. And i love the idea of the outside shape looking like an old shop sign...



BUT...there is just something that's not quite right.....and i am just too close in time to see what action to take oh well!

Is the background too big, too wide, too long, should the pot been bigger, should i have left in the cup motif?



Anyhoo, that was Module 10.
I've sent off the Module 11 PowerPoint Portfolio and awaiting feedback!  
No interesting hand Embroidering for that!!  Although don't tell anyone I'm finishing my samples i worked for Module 1...the backgrounds needed working to make the central design 'sit' on the ground fabric!!!
Lets hope i don't decide to go through everything, which is what i want to do, otherwise i can't finish the course!



So thanks for reading, please feel free to comment and thanks for coming!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

Is ma hair alright?!