Skip to main content

Itchy palm and Branding!

Had an itchy palm yesterday was really thinking someone has bought something....arrhhh but no!
Oh well onward!

I have done a fair bit of researching lately into selling at craft fairs.  Instead of making it easier to take the first steps it's making it harder!! 
Where/why/who/when and what!  Never mind the how!
So many other things to think of never mind your stock!!

Talking about stock I've tagged and bagged my Christmas dec's.


 
 
They are large luggage labels with a transparent self adhesive backing printed with xmas salutations for the front!


 
 
On the back using the same printed transparent film is my business logo and Folksy shop address.


 
 
Here's an example of the deco attached to the label...through the string attachment hole...good hey!
And another in the transparent bag packaging.


 
 
I've also done this for the Stitch Keepers.


 
 
Front of label, stitch keepers tagged and bagged!


 
 
The stitch keeper blurb on the back.
 
The yarn and pattern kit using the same principle......branding dearie!
 
 
 
 
This kit has gotten a lot of views on my Folksy shop Miss Dee's Fibre Dreams.  I wonder if that means it's a good product or does it mean people's expectations haven't been met?  Who knows!

 
I'm about to finish off the scarf knitted with the pattern ready for sale. 
 
Then today i'm going to make up a couple more in different colours and textures.....I'll err on they liked the product....yup I do have quite a good yarn (and fabric for that matter) stash in my sewing room.
Just look at this
 
 
 
One of the storage areas that are seriously in need of re-organising!  Mind I have the front rolled down unless I am choosing yarn or storing finished or nearly finished projects!

And that's for another day!

Kind regards
Jacqui
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

Is ma hair alright?!

More City & Guilds Module snippets!

The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles  really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone. You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent. For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with. I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging! Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads! I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India... Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book! This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have...