Skip to main content

Is this going to be a yearly thing!!!!

 So here we are another year down the line...

Last time i wrote i was completing the Raised Stitches section of Unit 5!

There is a few Tasks in Mod 4 first....here i'll show you!


Or Nue Goldwork.  I made 3 Brooches, the image is my favourite.




The Canvaswork Task, still unfinished i thought some extra stitching and/or bead work would let this design shine through....i may have some extra time to go over my work to add finishing touches before i submit a 'video' of 20 best images to complete course.


The Applique Task inspired by Morandi.  The Appliques are raised as well as having Reverse Applique decoration.




My goodness then Module 5....
Task 1-This is English Quilting the design is based on the grasses in my garden. I enjoyed this one as the design was simple!





Task 2-An Experimental Hand Quilt piece....not my favourite. I made 2 pieces see below....I admit i struggled with this unit, do not know why, took way too much time up and should have just let it go!  But hey ho!

The idea was for this piece to be viewed through rather on the surface, if you know what i mean, that was the experimental part as Quilting is all about surface texture isnt it?!




Task 4 & 5 where the Raised Stitches and Needlelace which i posted a year ago!!!

Task 6-Smocking I really enjoyed this Task, i was very tempted to make my Granddaughter a romper/dress.  Well maybe when i submit the last Module!



Well i have to get on with Module 11....oh yes still procrastinating!  I will write again SOON to fill in Modules 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 

Have you completed this City & Guilds with the School of Stitched Textiles or are you thinking of doing so?  

If you have a question about the work above do comment.

Please leave a comment it would be great to speak with people on the same lines as myself.

Anyways thanks for coming!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More City & Guilds Module snippets!

The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles  really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone. You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent. For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with. I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging! Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads! I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India... Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book! This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have...

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

Is ma hair alright?!