Skip to main content

Staying true to you, embroidered bowl! Are you complete?


At long last it was dry! 




A little relaxing of the shape on the leaf shapes and some looking at what is needed next….






Definitely some painting to add colour to the felt leaves.



Do like the colour and light from my sewing machine!  LED’s… 

Two beading needles later!

 
Some beading undulating around the inside and the outside of the bowl.
 
 
Always a difficult point should I do more or should I stop?  More beads or a little hand stitching?

 
 
And will it sell?  Should I make another?  Who knows and who can say!!!
 
I have another drying, a larger one.
 
 
I do like the colours and the feel of this one.



 I'm deciding whether this bowl needs another layer of washaway to strengthen it as it's larger.

And of course beads, hand stitching or leave as is.  A little tidying up around the edges.


Please feel free to add comments.



 
 
 
 


Comments

vicky myers said…
Hi, I think the bowl is great, like you no idea if it will sell:) Finding items that appeal is hard work (she says with feeling!!! You may just have found yourself a niche area:) Stopping by from Craft Blog UK FB blog post -
Thank you Vicky for taking the time to leave a comment. And I really appreciate the positive thoughts you have left me.

Popular posts from this blog

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

Is ma hair alright?!

More City & Guilds Module snippets!

The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles  really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone. You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent. For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with. I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging! Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads! I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India... Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book! This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have...