Skip to main content

Raising the internet profile and other things!

One line a zillion threads!!

I forgot from last time I tried online shop building how tiring on the eyes and spirit trying to get your work noticed is.  It's a constant shout 'hey how fab is my stuff'. 

Well anyone who knows me knows I am very good at boosting others up rather than myself....I guess that's why children, in the classes I taught tried at the work I set!  Oh and it was fun!!  Making stuff these are skills I passionately feel everyone should have.

So what have I listed this week.
These
 
Stitch Keepers.  I love this idea.  Just wish others would! 
 
They keep your stitches on the needles when you are not knitting.  The commercial ones are awful just a blob of rubbery plastic to stick on needle ends.  I can't count the amount of times I've taken my knitting out of the bag and I've got dropped stitches or the knitted item comes off completely...grrrr!
 
 
And this


My Flutterby Yarn and Pattern Kit.  Again a good idea, I think and not expensive!  I have selected different types of yarn to make up the skein and included a beginners pattern to create the scarf below.

A long Skinny Scarf that can be knit in just a couple of hours....knit tonight and wear tomorrow!!!

They are available to buy here

 https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MissDeesFibreDreams

and here

http://folksy.com/shops/MissDeeFibreDreams

Yes that's the other news I have opened a shop on Folksy.  Some may know it, it's a UK site so a smaller number of sellers to compete with!

In between taking Mum to hospital appointments and sewing the Lurex cord around new ones of these
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/162504770/crazy-quilted-christmas-tree?ref=shop_home_active.

I have been playing with an idea for a Christmas advent Calendar....need to get a shift on and make the prototype before Xmas opportunities pass me by!

That's all for now I guess.  Best wishes passing onto you,
Jacqui

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

Is ma hair alright?!

More City & Guilds Module snippets!

The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles  really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone. You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent. For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with. I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging! Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads! I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India... Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book! This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have...