Skip to main content
Day 2!

So what makes a good reading blog?

I am trying to think....I don't read much....unless it's a craft book or magazine!  I have been known to write poems and kiddy stories!

I use to tell one to my daughter when she was younger and would only wear her wellingtons.  It was mostly to keep her out of the gutter after it had been raining...the roads are dangerous right.

Anyway that one was about a gargoyle that lived in the water sewers who skulked around looking to eat little girls wellies if they paddled, jumped or even just dipped their toe in the gutter rain water!

My degree is in Teaching crafts so I find writing a list of steps of how to make something enjoyable too..........

Perhaps I have struck on my theme.......well alongside trying to sell the fibre stuff I make!

Well that's it for today...I have to get ready....I have to paint Mum's living room walls cream and then take her to a hospital appointment.

Here's a pic to look at!
 
This Embroidery was taken from a study of a pomegranate.  It's still unfinished as such because it needs mounting. The top centre shape has washaway fabric with embroidery on so it will be transparent.  I want to cut around the outside follong the design outline and mount in a stand frame....I had this idea for at least a year ago when I was doing the embroidery!

Right must go,
Jacqui

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

Is ma hair alright?!

More City & Guilds Module snippets!

The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles  really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone. You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent. For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with. I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging! Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads! I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India... Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book! This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have...