Skip to main content
Day 3!

Hmmm NO! I won' be writing here everyday!

It'll be day 2 and a second layer of paint for Mum's walls, although she wont wear her glasses so she won't see the patchiness....We've also to wait for the emergency button man today too!

So before I go to Mum's I've another 13 Christmas tree deco's to sew up the stuffing openings.  I tell you I will be only be making just one more set...it'll be these ones but in pink. 





There will be an extra one made for our Zoe.  In pink with shisha mirrors and Rinestuds.  It'll be Zoe's 4th xmas.  I am making the Dove for her this year so i'll be writing this somewhere on the shape.  Now whether it's the back or the front i'm not sure yet.


 
 
The next thing I've always wanted to make is an Advent Calendar.  A bit too late to be fully appreciated by my daughter!!  I had a little research this morning, a zillllion ideas but they've all been done before.  I'll let my mind wander and ponder on that one.
This is one of my favourites:
 
 
The original image was found here
http://themadhouse-themadhouse.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/win-maileg-pixie-in-great-toy-guides.html 
 
 
Well that's all for now.  Thanks for reading,
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

More City & Guilds Module snippets!

The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles  really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone. You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent. For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with. I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging! Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads! I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India... Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book! This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have...

Is ma hair alright?!