Skip to main content

Sunday Sunday!

I cannot believe how long it has taken to develop the design for the Christmas Decorations label....I'm sure I started at about 2 o'clock it's now past 5!!!

The first lot are printing off (very slowly I might add!) now.

They look alright seeing as they were done in Paint and not Publisher!  I can't afford it at the moment and so will not let me edit the previous versions I had done on my old computer.

It's printing on Transparent Film which I peel off and stick onto luggage tags.  I like it!

Here's the Flutterby Scarf Kit one

What else has happened I listed some more Christmas deco's on Folksy.

I have also left an inquiry about a craft fair stall place in a couple of North West venues.....more info when I check after this!

And hurrah I have just two more Christmas deco's to couch the hanging loop on!

That's it for now.....I have to steal up to a dare two members of the Gundog club have set me up to do........I should have backed down....don't know why I didn't????  It's not gonna be nice.

regards,
Jacqui



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Try, try, try again! C&G Hand Embroidery course!

Hi So here I am again...so much life in between ... I am having another go at the SST Hand Embroidery course! I am hopeful to complete this time round. I haven’t stood still in my Textiles love! Here’s just some of my recent projects... My Cloth Doll making..... Notebook covers..... A Stumpwork story.....my story of an adventurous lad I used to tell my daughter when she was little! So above you see Keal and his Grandad who's ill but was the quest adventurer....he has a quest laid unsolved.... This page is nearly complete...just need to add something to the wall behind Keal...but I know not what at the moment... This will be the front cover of the Story Book (horizontally!) Another of the stories pages...a forest scene and a hidden gem for Keal to find to help solve the quest. The Introduction page, also explains the picture with Keal and his Grandfather in bed! Over to  https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/FibreD...

Is ma hair alright?!

More City & Guilds Module snippets!

The course with the The School of Stitched Textiles  really allowed me to move out of the comfort zone. You know the course is so varied in content there is no room to get complacent. For instance this print below.  The brief was use an artist style to design a Print.  This stops you, it did in my case (!), from falling into the designs you usually come up with. I used Paul Klee's Full Moon (1919).  I did manage to make the stencil achieve a border repeat and made a Lino cut stamp for the tree.  Fun and challenging! Another, Module 7, had us making beads, buttons, tassels, braids and edgings to fabric panels...loads! I personally love these  fabric bell tassels on hand made cord.  I believe the design comes from India... Here's some of the other tassels that were the least unwieldy to fit into my Module 7 Sample fabric book! This is a Lantern!  The base fabric is Organdie.  Fun was had researching into the best fabric stiffener because i have...